| Election Committee
| Chairman : SunYoung Han [ syhan AT konkuk.ac.kr ]
| Mailing List : email@example.com
| Objective :
To seek nominations to fill the positions of office-holders in APAN and to arrange elections by the Primary Members from among nominated candidates for the positions.
| Election Procedure :
- The Election Committee will ask for nominations for the positions of:
- Chair and Vice-Chairs of APAN
- Committee Chairs (including Task Force and Net Group)
- NOC and Area Directors
- Other positions deemed appropriate, prior to the expiry of the current term of office for these positions
- The term of office for a position will normally be for two years unless otherwise determined.
- The current occupant of a position will normally be eligible to stand for a further term unless otherwise determined.
- Nominations may be made by any Primary or Associate Member, by an appropriate management group, or by self-nomination.
- Each nomination should be seconded by a Primary Member and be agreed to by the person being nominated.
- The Election Committee will collect together all the nominations for each position to be filled and will arrange for a vote on the nominations by the Primary Members. The Election Committee may ask for information from candidates to assist Primary Members in considering how to cast their vote.
- A scrutineer will be appointed to oversee the election, and to count the votes.
- The candidate gaining a majority of the eligible votes cast will be elected to the position. In the event of a tie, a further vote will be taken.
- An election may be held at a meeting of Primary Members, or may be held electronically.
- When elections are held at meetings, this will normally be done by a simple show of hands. The scrutineer will undertake the counting of the votes.
- When the election is held electronically, the scrutineer will collect and report on the electronic votes.
- The APAN Secretariat will advise all members of the outcome of an elections and update the APAN records accordingly.
- Although Working Group and Sub-Committee Chairs (including Cluster Chairs) are normally elected by and from within the respective working group or sub-committee, the APAN Election Committee should endorse the appointments and may seek reconsideration of the appointment.