Federating resources to alleviate the natural disasters impacts and collaborating with broader communities in Asia supported by APAN framework is the long-term goal of APAN Disaster Mitigation Working Group (DMWG). Taking advantage of the APAN, it is a great opportunity for us to outreach to the disaster mitigation communities in APAN member countries. The APAN Meeting brings together infrastructure and technical providers and user communities through the Disaster Mitigation Working Group activities. DMWG coordinates experts of various disciplines from around the world to share their knowledge and experiences. Lectures on case studies, trends, innovative methods and workflow and practices using numerical simulations are usual talks. Moreover, one or two sessions will center on the progress and discussions of the open collaborations for regional disaster mitigation extended from the Deeper Understanding of Natural Disasters project (UND, Asi@Connect funded project).
DMWG is building an open collaboration platform for resource and knowledge sharing. Based on case studies and experiences, DMWG supports all APAN partners to work with expert groups on risk estimation by innovative numerical simulations over distributed infrastructure. Interactive activities such as training, workshop, case study and Master Class are the primary approaches to enhance the capacity. DMWG also supports the access to knowledge base and simulation portals from the collaboration networks such as UNESCO, EGI, and others.
- APAN47 : Disaster Mitigation WG Meeting , Climate Resilient Agriculture for Disaster Risk
- APAN46 : Master Class on Disaster Mitigation
- APAN45 : Disaster Mitigation WG Meeting
- APAN44 : Master Class on Disaster Mitigation
- APAN43 : Disaster Mitigation Workshop
- APAN42 : Disaster Mitigation WG Meeting
- APAN41 : DMCC Disaster Mitigation Workshop ,APAN/PRAGMA Disaster Mitigation