You are here
APAN Research Workshop
Why you should submit a manuscript to this workshop:
- All accepted and presented manuscript will be published in the APAN Proceedings.
- A panel of top professors in networking fields who join APAN will moderate and provide ideas and comments to the topic presented (For Regular and Short papers). The presenters can also consult the professors off-line during or after the conference.
- Fellowship award: APAN will announce a fellowship program, providing financial support for students to partially cover the cost for attending the APAN meetings.
- Best student paper(s) award: Best student paper(s) will be selected based on the technical merit and significance of the paper, and be recognized by the workshop TPC. All accepted papers which have been primary authored and presented by a full-time student are eligible for this award.
The APAN (Asia Pacific Advanced Network) Research Workshop 2016 (APAN-RW 2016), to be held as a part of the 42nd APAN Hong Kong meeting, will be the thirteenth event in the series (started from 2004 Cairns Meeting as APAN Network Research Workshop). Starting this year, the name of the workshop is changed to accommodate broader areas of interest related to all the APAN working group activities. Graduate students and researchers from Asia-Pacific and elsewhere gather in this one-day workshop to discuss their work in progress and visions for research activities. The goal of this event is to provide the venue for exchanging research ideas and best practices in the broad field of realistic network and application research, covering network technology, network applications, and network management and operation.
This workshop solicits long and short papers with a broad scope in network technology and application areas. Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Network technology: wireless & mobile networks, optical networks, future network technology, ad hoc and sensor networks, delay and disruption-tolerant networks, Future Internet, software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), cloud computing infrastructure & networking, and others.
- Network management and operation: network security, traffic measurement, performance analysis, energy-aware network management and control, and others.
- Networked applications: distributed networked applications, ubiquitous computing technology, grid/cloud computing applications, immersive media applications, and others.
- E-culture, e-health, e-science applications: advanced/unified collaboration environments, cyber networked performance, e-health & remote medical activities, e-science infrastructure and applications, social science with Internet, agriculture with network, disaster mitigation, and others.
Manuscripts must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for publication. All manuscripts should follow the APAN NR Proceedings template format (in MS Word) with Letter size (available here). Please check below for categories of manuscripts. Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in PDF format. The submission web page is:
Manuscript Publication and Presentation:
- Regular papers (6~10 pages): 20 minutes of oral presentation.
- Short papers (3~5 pages): 15 minutes of oral presentation.
- Poster papers (1~2 pages): Poster presentation + 5 minutes of oral presentation.
Selected manuscripts that could not be accommodated for initially-submitted categories (Regular and Short) may be recommended for Poster Paper Category.
Fellowship award for Travel Support Opportunity:
Fellowship award: APAN will announce a fellowship program, providing financial support for students to partially cover the cost for attending the APAN meetings. (Note that you should also apply for the APAN Fellowship Program separately. Check APAN web site for more information.) Presenters of accepted papers will have a favoured status to be selected as APAN meeting fellows.
Best student paper(s) award:
Best student paper(s) will be selected based on the technical merit and significance of the paper, and be recognized by the workshop TPC. All accepted papers which have been primary authored and presented by a full-time student are eligible for this award.
Paper Submission Deadline:May 27, 2016 (Fri)
Acceptance Notification: June 27, 2016 (Mon)
Camera Ready Manuscripts: July 8, 2016 (Fri)
Workshop Date: Aug 1, 2016 (Mon)
APAN-RW 2016 Committee Members
Publicity and Local Arrangement
Manesha Hettipathirana, APAN Secretariat
N. S. Weerakoon, APAN Secretariat
Technical Program Committee
J. Adinarayana, IIT Bombay, India
Navaneethan C Arjuman, NLTVC Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia
Chaodit Aswakul, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Jun Bi, Tsinghua University, China
Nevil Brownlee, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
ByungRae Cha, GIST, Korea
Chalermpol Charnsripinyo, NECTEC, Thailand
Boncheol Goo, KAIST GSCT, Korea
Shigeki Goto, Waseda University, Japan
Ho Seong Han, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Korea
Dongsoo Har, KAIST, Korea
Andrew Howard, Australian National University, Australia
Eiji Kawai, NICT, Japan
JongWon Kim, GIST, Korea
Takuji Kiura, NARO, Japan
Yong-moo Kwon, KIST, Korea
HyunYong Lee, ETRI, Korea
Eueung Mulyana, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
Motonori Nakamura, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
Suhaimi Napis, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Faridah Noor, University of Malaya, Malaysia
Koji Okamura, Kyushu University, Japan
Sanghoon Park, Hanwha Thales, Korea
Sun Park, GIST, Korea
Rungsun Rerknimitr, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Shuji Shimizu, Kyushu University Hospital, Japan
Wang-Cheol Song, Jeju National University, Korea
Kei Tanaka, NARO, Japan
Nguyen Huu Thanh, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
Denis Villorente, Department of Science and Technology, Philippines
Ye-Nu Wan, NCHU, Taiwan
Yufeng Xin, RENCI, USA
Ma Yan, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Kitamura Yasuichi, Kyushu University Hospital, Japan
Eric Yen, Academia Sinica Grid Computing Centre, Taiwan
Shigetoshi Yokoyama, National Institute of Informatics, Japan