APAN Research Workshop 2018 - Call For Papers
Why you should submit a manuscript to this workshop:
- All accepted and presented manuscript will be published in the APAN Proceedings.
- A panel of top professors in related fields who join APAN will moderate and provide ideas and comments to the topic presented (For Regular and Short papers). The presenters can also consult the professors off-line during or after the conference.
- Fellowship award: APAN runs a fellowship program, providing financial support for students to partially cover the cost for attending the APAN meetings.
- Best student paper(s) award: Best student paper(s) will be selected based on the technical merit and significance of the paper, and be recognized by the workshop TPC. All accepted papers which have been primary authored and presented by a full-time student are eligible for this award.
- Keynote Speech: There will be a keynote speech by a renowned professor during the workshop, to enlighten and inspire the participants. Details will be announced later.
The APAN (Asia Pacific Advanced Network) Research Workshop 2018 (APAN-RW 2018), to be held as a part of the 46th APAN Auckland meeting, will be the fifteenth event in the series (started from 2004 Cairns Meeting as APAN Network Research Workshop). Graduate students and researchers from Asia-Pacific and elsewhere gather in this one-day workshop to discuss their work in progress and visions for research activities. The goal of this event is to provide the venue for exchanging research ideas, best practices, and real-life applications in the broad field of all working groups under APAN.
This workshop solicits long and short papers with a broad scope in network technology and application areas. Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- E-Health Technology and Applications
- Identity and Access Management
- Advanced Network Technology, Security and Management (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Internet Backbone and Optical Technology
- Futuristic and Green Network
- High Performance Computing Technology and Applications
- Grid and Cloud Infrastructure, Technology and Applications
- Big Data Technology and Applications
- E-Culture and Cyber Networked Performance
- Disaster Mitigation
- Climate Service Applications
- Social science with Internet
- Agriculture with network
Manuscripts must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for publication. All manuscripts should follow the APAN RW Proceedings template format (in MS Word) with Letter size (available on the APAN webpage at https://apan.net/meetings/apan46/forms/APANRW2018-template.doc ). Please check below for categories of manuscripts. Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in PDF format. The submission web page is
Manuscript Publication and Presentation:
All accepted manuscript will be published in APAN workshop proceedings.
- Regular papers (6~10 pages): 20 minutes of oral presentation.
- Short papers (3~5 pages): 15 minutes of oral presentation.
Fellowship award for Travel Support Opportunity:
Fellowship award: APAN will announce a fellowship program, providing financial support for students to partially cover the cost for attending the APAN meetings.
(Note that you should also apply for the APAN fellowship program separately. Please visit https://apan.net/meetings/apan46/fellowshipOverview.html for more information. To apply please visit https://apan.net/meetings/apan46/fellowshipApplication.php )
Presenters of accepted papers will have a favoured status to be selected as APAN meeting fellows.
Best student paper(s) award:
Best student paper(s) will be selected based on the technical merit and significance of the paper, and be recognized by the workshop TPC. All accepted papers which have been primary authored and presented by a full-time student are eligible for this award.
Paper Submission Deadline: June 4, 2018 (Mon)
Acceptance Notification: July 2, 2018 (Mon)
Camera Ready Manuscripts: July 16, 2018 (Mon)
Workshop Date: August 6, 2018 (Mon)
APAN-RW 2018 Committee Members
Workshop Co-Chair and Technical Program Committee Co-Chair
Yoshiaki Kasahara, Kyushu University, Japan (email@example.com)
Teck Chaw Ling, University of Malaya, Malaysia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Publicity and Local Arrangement
Nimal Ratnayake, APAN Secretariat
N. S. Weerakoon, APAN Secretariat
Chanaka Hettige, APAN Secretariat
Technical Program Committee
J. Adinarayana, IIT Bombay, India
Chaodit Aswakul, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Jun Bi, Tsinghua University, China
ByungRae Cha, GIST, Korea
Chalermpol Charnsripinyo, NECTEC, Thailand
Shigeki Goto, Waseda University, Japan
Dongsoo Har, KAIST, Korea
Eiji Kawai, NICT, Japan
JongWon Kim, GIST, Korea
Takuji Kiura, NARO, Japan
Yong-moo Kwon, KIST, Korea
Matthew Laurenson, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand
Joel Marciano, ASTI, Philippines
Eueung Mulyana, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
Motonori Nakamura, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
Faridah Noor, University of Malaya, Malaysia
Koji Okamura, Kyushu University, Japan
Sun Park, GIST, Korea
Rungsun Rerknimitr, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Shuji Shimizu, Kyushu University Hospital, Japan
Bhushan Raj Shrestha, NREN, Nepal
Veerachai Tanpipat, HAII, Thailand
Pang-Wei Tsai, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Sutat Weesakul, HAII, Thailand
Yufeng Xin, RENCI, USA
Ma Yan, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Kitamura Yasuichi, APAN-JP, Japan
Eric Yen, Academia Sinica Grid Computing Centre, Taiwan