The objective of the APAN Fellowship Program is to promote "Global Collaboration" through applicants participation in APAN meetings which are held twice yearly. It is hoped that the meeting would provide them with the right environment to network with other researchers. It is also intended that the participants will promote Global Collaboration among their local community after the meeting.
Fellowships are offered on a competitive basis and to be chosen from participating economies in APAN. Specifically, students (graduates and undergraduates) are encouraged to apply, although young researchers may be accorded sponsorship. Applicants whose papers are accepted for presentations will have favored status. A short note from the candidate on his/her "Motivation to Participate" may also help the reviewers in their final selection. Due to the large number of declines at the last minute owing to unavailability of airfare, it is necessary to prove that the applicant has support for airfare at the time of application.
1. Candidate should be a citizen of an economy in the Asia-Pacific region.
2. Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of his or her application.
3. Candidate must belong to a University, Research & Development organization, or a Non-Profit organization.
4. Candidate must have support for airfare.
To apply for fellowship, please complete and submit the online application form. Please ensure that you can secure your airfare before making the application. Also note the time frames for applying for visas. You should upload a scanned copy of the official support letter for airfare with the application. Should you be personally bearing the airfare, you may be required to submit your ticket at the time of confirmation.
Applications involving paper presentations will be given preference. Applications sent through other means will not be considered. Online application will close at the midnight GMT of the deadline.
Selection Procedure and the Sequence of Events
Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be invited to join the meeting. Successful applicants will be registered by the APAN Secretariat using the details provided in the application. Therefore, please make sure that you provide accurate information in the application.
1. Application Submission
2. Selection Results
Acknowledgement from selected fellows through email within specified date.
3. In the case of non-receipt of email acknowledgement, another fellow on the waiting list will be selected.
4. Waiting List announcement
5. Attend APAN Meeting
1. Free registration to APAN46 - access to all sessions/workshops/tutorials
2. Catering - all food during the conference and conference hosted social events
3. Local transport - transport will be provided to and from the airport to accommodation
4. Accommodation - twin share rooms will be provided free of charge. Check in is on Aug 4th and Check out is Aug 9th.
The fellowship does not cover...
1. Airfares (please do not make any requests for airfare or reimbursements since APAN does not have funds for this)
2. Fellows will be required to meet the costs of dinners when not at APAN hosted social events
3. Fellows must present their passports for the purpose of identification upon arrival.
4. Fellowship is not transferable
Selected fellows will be blacklisted if they do not turn up or if they check-out of their accommodation without informing APAN in advance. In this regard, the last minute cancellations (after the accommodation facilities are arranged) are also considered as absences. During the event, fellows are required to attend opening and closing plenaries, and the fellowship meeting. Those who do not attend these sessions are deemed absentees and are subjected to be blacklisted.
- 9th April - Call for applications
- 04th May - Applications close
- 14th May - Country and APAN review of applications
- 18th May - Announcement of the initial list
- 28th May - Confirmation from the selected fellows.