APAN Research Workshop 2019 - Call for Proposals
July 22nd, 2019
Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Why you should submit a manuscript to this workshop:
- All accepted and presented manuscript will be published in the APAN Proceedings.
- A panel of top professors in related fields who join APAN will moderate and provide ideas and comments to the topic presented (For Regular and Short papers). The presenters can also consult the professors off-line during or after the conference.
- Fellowship award: APAN will announce a fellowship program, providing financial support for students to partially cover the cost for attending the APAN meetings.
- Best student paper(s) award: Best student paper(s) will be selected based on the technical merit and significance of the paper, and be recognized by the workshop TPC. All accepted papers which have been primary authored and presented by a full-time student are eligible for this award.
- Keynote Speech: There will be a keynote speech by a renowned professor during the workshop, to enlighten and inspire the participants. Details will be announced later.
The APAN (Asia Pacific Advanced Network) Research Workshop 2019 (APAN-RW 2019), to be held as a part of the 48th APAN Malaysia meeting, will be the sixteenth event in the series (started from 2004 Cairns Meeting as APAN Network Research Workshop). Graduate students and researchers from Asia-Pacific and elsewhere gather in this one-day workshop to discuss their work in progress and visions for research activities. The goal of this event is to provide the venue for exchanging research ideas, best practices, and real-life applications in the broad field of all working groups under APAN.
This workshop solicits long and short papers with a broad scope in network technology and application areas. Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Advanced Network Technology, Security and Management (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Agriculture with network
- Big Data Technology and Applications
- Climate Service Applications
- Disaster Mitigation
- E-Culture and Cyber Networked Performance
- E-Health/Medical Technology and Applications
- Futuristic and Green Network
- Grid and Cloud Infrastructure, Technology and Applications
- High Performance Computing Technology and Applications
- Identity and Access Management
- Internet Backbone and Optical Technology
- Internet of Things and Sensor Network
- Social science with Internet
Manuscripts must be unpublished and not considered elsewhere for publication. All manuscripts should follow the APAN RW Proceedings template format (in MS Word) with Letter size (available on the APAN website at https://apan.net/meetings/apan48/APANRW2019-template.doc). Please check below for categories of manuscripts. Manuscripts must be submitted electronically in PDF format. The submission web page is
Manuscript Publication and Presentation:
All accepted manuscript will be published in APAN workshop proceedings.
- Regular papers (6~10 pages): 20 minutes of oral presentation.
- Short papers (3~5 pages): 15 minutes of oral presentation.
Fellowship award for Travel Support Opportunity:
Fellowship award: APAN will announce a fellowship program, providing financial support for students to partially cover the cost for attending the APAN meetings. (Note that you should also apply for the APAN fellowship program separately. Please see the Fellowship Information Page for more information.) Presenters of accepted papers will have a favoured status to be selected as APAN meeting fellows.
Best student paper(s) award:
Best student paper(s) will be selected based on the technical merit and significance of the paper, and be recognized by the workshop TPC. All accepted papers which have been primary authored and presented by a full-time student are eligible for this award.
Paper Submission Deadline: May 20, 2019 (Mon)
Acceptance Notification: June 17, 2019 (Mon)
Camera Ready Manuscripts: July 1, 2019 (Mon)
Workshop Date: July 22, 2019 (Mon)
APAN-RW 2019 Committee Members
Workshop Co-Chair and Technical Program Committee Co-Chair
Yoshiaki Kasahara, Kyushu University, Japan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Teck Chaw Ling, University of Malaya, Malaysia (email@example.com)
Publicity and Local Arrangement
Nimal Ratnayake, APAN Secretariat
Chanaka Hettige, APAN Secretariat
Roshana Ali, APAN Secretariat
Technical Program Committee
J. Adinarayana, IIT Bombay, India
Chaodit Aswakul, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
ByungRae Cha, GIST, Korea
Chalermpol Charnsripinyo, NECTEC, Thailand
Jamie Gillespie, APNIC
Shigeki Goto, Waseda University, Japan
Dongsoo Har, KAIST, Korea
Rakesh Jha, Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, India
Hiroki Kashiwazaki, Osaka University, Japan
Eiji Kawai, NICT, Japan
JongWon Kim, GIST, Korea
Yasuichi Kitamura, APAN-JP, Japan
Takuji Kiura, NARO, Japan
Yong-moo Kwon, KIST, Korea
Matthew Laurenson, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand
Jeonghoon Moon, KISTI, Korea
Faridah Noor, University of Malaya, Malaysia
Koji Okamura, Kyushu University, Japan
Sun Park, GIST, Korea
Rungsun Rerknimitr, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Shuji Shimizu, Kyushu University Hospital, Japan
Terry Smith, AAF, Australia
Veerachai Tanpipat, HAII, Thailand
Pang-Wei Tsai, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
Yufeng Xin, RENCI, USA
Ma Yan, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China
Eric Yen, Academia Sinica Grid Computing Centre, Taiwan