Earth Monitoring WG Meeting
Time : Jan 27 16:00-17:30
Place : Room E
Chair : Chris Elvidge
Secretary: Watcharapong Siripoon
1. Roll call.
2. Review of EM-WG workshop.
3. Review of EM-WG activities (primarily EO data transfers).
4. Nomination and selection of co-chair (Elvidge is stepping down as
co-chair) and vice-chairs.
5. Planning for new WG activities including expansion of EO data transfers.
6. Planning for upcoming workshops at APAN conferences.
TRM data transfers from NASA-GSFC to JAXA.
firstname.lastname@example.org email list established
Work group opportunities
Added some opportunity
Shift from EO-WG back to EM-WG?
- JAXA ALOS mission has a September 2005
launch scheduled with December 2005 set for start of data collections.
They plan to widely distribute the data. Recipients will include GISTDA,
ESA, NOAA, NASA, ACRES. APAN bandwidth to be used in distribution
- APAN should be more effective in transferring
EO images in the region during disasters.
Agree to change the name back to EM-WG.
Plans for Taipei August 2005
Include one session on disaster warning
Selection of New Co-chairs and Vice-Chairs
Co-chairs for two year terms
1) Dr.Pakorn Apaphant, GISTDA
2) Dr.Chris Elvidge, NGDC
Prof. Fukui, JAXA
1. Izumi Nagatani
2. Isao Nakanishi
3. Pakorn Apaphant
4. Stephen Kingham
5. Jai Ho Oh
6. Denis Villorente