Yoshiaki Kasahara [kasahara _at_ nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp]
Yasuichi Kitamura [kita _at_ jp.apan.net]
Rahmat Budiarto [rahmat _at_ cs.usm.my]
|Objectives|| - To raise the security awareness and knowledge within APAN community
- To exchange experience and knowledge in network security technologies and issues, and
- To cooperate with other international security efforts to raise security awareness, capabilities and interoperation globally.
Security related topics includes protection of the physical, intellectual, and electronic assets of the APAN and other network, including its security policies, network access controls, virus protection, network administration, auditing, and transaction security.
|Target Audience||Researchers, Scientists, Network Engineers|
|Expected # of Participants||30-50|
1. Botnets: What are they and how to detect
Sureswaran Ramadass (Univ Sains Malaysia, Malaysia)
2. Precise Time-Stamping for Network Monitoring
Akihiko Machizawa, Haruo Saito, Tsukasa Iwama (NICT, Japan)
3. Deploying anti-spam technologies (remote presentation 17:10 - 17:30)
Kazuhiko Yamamoto (IIJ, Japan)
|Remark||VTC, CD Projector, wireless Internet access, enough power strips to accomodate the number of laptops expected|