Additional document: Venue Allocation Table
Draft Meeting Minutes
1. Roll Call (Attendance)
- S. Goto, BG Joo, Pisuth P., Y.Kitamura, J.Brown, C. Elvidge, H. Guy, C.Wang
2. Review of the minutes of the past meeting and actions taken
- The minutes of the previous meeting reviewed and some of the actions taken
- No additional comments from the group
3. Summary report of e-mail communications regarding the program
- Chris will not be able to attend the Taipei meeting so he pass on the chairmanship of the Huge Data Transfer Plenary to Herve Guy of Canarie
- Tony Hey and Tom Defanti will not be able to attend the Taipei meeting. The organizing committee will identify the second speaker in addition to Fred Baker for the opening plenary
- Session on establishment and emergence of national authentication and authorization infrastructures (trust federations) suggested by Heather in response to Prof. Joo's request for more sessions on applications and middleware. Prof. Goto also confirmed the significance of and interest from the Asia Pacific region on this topic. As an example, he cited a new project in Japan on remote authentication among universities.
4. Review of schedule and room assignment
- Digital Divide BoF can be moved to another slot if the need arise. Regular
sessions are given higher priority in slot allocation over BoFs. So the current
allocation can be moved if needed.
- Need to clarify with Vicky (on behalf of the organizing committee) regarding the room for the plenary sessions.Should find a room that can accommodate more
than 300 participants (classroom style)
- The schedule for IPv6 TF is currently set on Aug 23 which coincides with the IPv6 summit. At the moment, this schedule is acceptable to the organizers but
the APAN secretariat is in touch with them and constantly looking for an alternative allocation.
- The Agriculture workshop requested a smaller room for their session
- Prof. Joo requested the secretariat to contact the organizers of the sessions without proposals to provide more information. He also requested that the session on Trust Federations by Heather/Internet 2 be allocated in the draft schedule as well as contact the organizing committee and Prof. Goto regarding the closing plenary and general assembly.
- Regarding Saturday schedule, first slot is closing plenary, second slot is general assembly and afternoon is a close meeting.
- Prof. Goto added that the practice is usually to have the general assembly in the morning and the primary council meeting in the afternoon of the last day
5. Report on the preparation for the Network Research Workshop
- As of Apr.28, 13 full papers were received as follows: CN-8 ; KR-2 ; MY-2;PH-1
- Still expecting 3 more full papers by May 9. Those who sent intention to
submit papers were given until May 8 to submit the full papers.
- Prof. Joo noted that there is no paper submitted from Taiwan and requested the organizers of the NRW to solicit at least 2 papers from Taiwan
- The review panel will be determined and established by the chair of NRW
- Not expecting any delays in the preparation for the workshop.
6. Other Business
- Prof. Joo requested the APAN secretariat to provide a link to the tentative
schedule on the website for the 20th APAN meeting. He also mentioned that the
minutes of the Program Committee meetings should be available as well.
7. Next Meeting
- The schedule of the next meeting is May 27, 9:00-10:00 BKK Time (GMT + 0700).
Prof. Goto has a class on this date but Kitamura-san can keep him updated.