Additional document: Venue Allocation Table from the Local Organizers
1. Roll Call
- Prof. Goto, Prof. Joo, Kitamura-san, Jacqueline, Herve, Jon Lau, LH Yan, Vicky, Chunyan, Dr. Donya and Pipot
2. Review of the minutes of the last meeting and actions taken
- One of the major issues identified in the last meeting was the availability of a room that can accommodate more than 300 participants for the plenary sessions. It was confirmed from the earlier organizing committee meeting that there will be a room big enough for the scheduled plenary sessions.
3. Summary of the email correspondence and decision made
HDT plenary chair requested the session to be moved on Aug 26 to enable his best presenter to deliver his speech in person. Initial discussions with the other plenary confirmed that this can be done but after a few days, some speakers of the plenary" Present Status and Perspective of Global Sensor Network" realized a conflict of schedule on the 25th of August.
Given this situation, Kitamura-san suggested the following options:
1. Both plenaries (HDT and Global Sensor Network) should be moved to August
26th. No plenaries on 25th.
2. Ask one of his speakers to make the remote presentation on 25th.
Then I prepared an alternative schedule that affected several sessions and the committee decided not to pursue this. Then Kitamura-san continued that HDT should be scheduled on the 26th since the speakers of the Sensor Network plenary responded too late and the speaker Dr. Hiraki (who wont be available on the 25th) is very active in the area of transferring huge data and he got the land speed
record award at the last Internet2 Member Meeting. His speech is always attractive and the face to face discussion is very useful for the researchers. These are the reasons why he proposed the HDT should move to 26th so that Prof. Hiraki can deliver his speech in person and interact with the researchers.
So Prof. Joo suggested the following options:
1. Hold Plenary II on the 25th(thursday) and HDT on the 26th.
Kitamura-san, did you mean that this option would be acceptable for the Plenary II point of view?
2. Hold HDT on the 26th, and Plenary II on the 27th morning(the last day).
Only if the organizing committee must agree with the change.
3. Last one: we could ask the organizing chair to accept Prof. Hiraki as a speaker for the closing plenary session, if speakers are not fixed yet.
- More confirmation on the advantage of having Dr. Hiraki present his speech in person received
- Kitamura-san informed the group that his speaker can attend by videoconference but this will limit the opportunity for a good Q&A session after the talk so they much prefer to present the speech in person and that the 25th of August is not a good time for them.
- It was then suggested and agreed that the 2 plenaries (HDT and Sensor Network) be held on the 26th of August
- Prof. Joo instructed the secretariat to modify the current schedule in such a way that the sessions are going to be convenient for all (organizers and participants) and movement of sessions should be minimized as much as possible.
- Prof. Goto suggested that the suggested changes be made available to the public as soon as possible and the secretariat confirmed that it will be published within the same day
4. Review of the latest tentative schedule in terms of the suitability of the rooms allocated for each session
- The secretariat reported that the only room that has some problem before is the one for plenary but given that it was resolved during the earlier organizing committee meeting, the rooms allocated for each sessions are now well suited to planned sessions.
5. Updates on the preparation for the NRW
- After receiving the reviews of the paper submitted, 17 papers were accepted and they are waiting for the confirmation from the author.
6. Other business
- No other business added
7. Next meeting
The group was reminded that the next meeting will be on July 29, 9:00-10:00am BKK time (GMT + 7:00)