Task Forces are groups of individuals tasked with achieving a particular outcome, tackling a particular problem, over a specific period of time. In the context of APAN, Task Forces are expected to support outcomes in the interests of APAN members and the communities that they support. Some Task Forces may support planning for a particular Working Group, or support the development of a major demonstration/event, while others may tackle more strategic issues for APAN as a whole. Participation is open to any interested parties who can bring expertise, enthusiasm, resources or other benefits to the Task Force. Please read the draft Task Forces Overview for more details.
Proposals for Task Forces can come from any interested party, and are submitted to APAN Secretariat (sec AT apan.net) for processing. A proposal for a Task Force must provide the following information:
- A topic/title
- A brief description, including the scope of activities (or terms of reference)
- A set of defined, measurable outcomes, including delivery dates
- A proposed chair
- A list of the initial participants and who else may be interested/involved.
- What, if any, support the Task Force may require from APAN or any members
Any questions or comments about APAN Task Forces can be sent to the APAN Secretariat (sec AT apan.net).
Identity and Access Management Task Force
Chair : Terry Smith (AAF) [ t.smith AT aaf.edu.au ]
Mailing List:tf-iam AT apan.net
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Working Group established this taskforce to tackle Federation Deployment in the Asia Pacific Region. The draft outline is provided below. All interested parties, individuals or organisations are invited to participate and can subscribe to the mailing list below. It is expected that the Task Force will establish a clearer set of objectives and outcomes over time and all input is welcomed.
Support the development and establishment of research and education identity federations and federated services in the Asia Pacific region.
The goals of the Task Force are currently to:
- Develop and establish national identity federation services within participating economies in the Asia Pacific region
- Enable the participating economies national identity federation services to join eduGAIN
- Enable participating economies to deploy eduroam
It is expected that these goals, and the membership of the Task Force, will also evolve over time.
APAN47 : APAN IAM TF Meeting
APAN46 : IAM TF Meeting
APAN45 : IAM TF Workshop
APAN43 : IAM TF Training Workshop
APAN42 : IAM TF – Bringing IAM and SSO to the Campus, IAM TF – Bringing the Campus into a Federation