The objective of the APAN Fellowship Program is to promote “Global collaboration” through applicants participation in APAN meetings, which is held twice yearly. It is hoped that the meeting would provide them with the right environment to “network” with other researchers. It is also the intend that the participant will promote Global Collaboration among their local community after the meeting.
Fellowships are offered on a competitive basis, to be chosen from participating economies in APAN. Specifically, students (graduates and undergraduates) are encouraged to apply, although young researchers may be accorded sponsorship. Applicants whose papers are accepted for presentations will have favored status. A short note from the candidate on his/her “Motivation to Participate” may also help the reviewers in their final selection. Due to the large number of declines at the last minute owing to unavailability of airfare, it is necessary to prove that the applicant has support for airfare at the time of application.
- Candidate should be a citizen of an economy in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date of application
- Candidate must be from a University/Research & Development Community/Non-Profit organization.
- Candidate must have support for airfare
To apply for fellowship, please complete and submit the online application from the meeting website when it is launched. You should upload a scanned copy of the official support letter for airfare with the application.
Applications involving paper presentations will be given preference. Applications other than the prescribed format will not be considered. Applications that are submitted after the deadline will be rejected.
Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be invited to join meeting.
- Application Submission
- Selection Results
- Acknowledgement from selected fellows through email within specified date.
- In the case of non-receipt of email acknowledgement, another fellow on the waiting list will be selected.
- Waiting List announcement
- APAN Meeting
- Airfare is not provided.
- Fellows will be required to meet the cost of dinners, except when there are APAN social events
- Fellows must present their passport for the purpose of identification upon arrival. You are advised to bring your passport during the conference.
- Attendance during the conference is compulsory.
- Fellowship is not transferable.
Selected fellows will be blacklisted if they check-out their accommodation without informing in advance. All fellows are expected to provide a summary report after the meeting.