How to Become A Member
There is one category of Voting Member, also known as Primary Member:
- There shall only be one Voting (Primary) Member from each country/economy.
- A Voting Member is an entity, organization or consortium that typically coordinates advanced research and education network provisioning within a country/economy.
- The entity that represents the Voting Member shall be one that comprehensively represents that country’s/economy’s interests in the fulfilling the objectives of APAN.
- The entity that represents the Voting Member shall have the support of other entities that are stakeholders or beneficiaries in fulfilling the objectives of APAN from that country/economy.
- The entity that represents the Voting Member may be a consortium of organizations in the country/economy, or may be represented by a single organization for administrative purposes.
- The Voting Member will be the contact point for all relevant matters between that country/economy and APAN.
- The number of votes for each Voting Member shall be decided by all Voting Members at a General Meeting.
There are (currently) four categories of Non-voting Members, these are:
- Associate member : An Associate Member is an organisation or consortium that has common interests in the objectives of APAN and that typically coordinates advanced research and education network provisioning within a country/economy or geographical area. There may be multiple Associate Members from each country.
- Affiliate member: An Affiliate Member is an organisation or consortium that has common interests in the objectives of APAN and typically represents a community that benefits from the use of the advanced research and education networks that APAN aims to facilitate and promote.
- Liaison member: A Liaison Member is a peer entity/organization/consortium that represents the common interest of a community in advanced networking and shares common interests in the objectives of APAN.
- Industry member : An Industry Member is a corporate entity with common interests in the objectives of APAN
APAN APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Primary, Associate or Affiliate Membership of APAN is open to organizations in the Asia-Pacific region supporting the objectives and role of APAN. Liaison and Industry Members may be based in other regions but must have an interest in supporting the objectives and role of APAN.
- An organization wishing to join APAN should submit his organization’s particulars to the Board of Directors in the form prescribed at http://www.apan.net/home/membership/application.html.