APAN57Meeting and Conference
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Presentations, Panels, Workshops, Sessions, Trainings
29th January – 2nd February 2024
Research and Education have become ever more collaborative, cross-institutional, and international. They depend on advanced, high-quality, and high-performance networks to reach collaborators, teachers, students, as well as access to key research infrastructure. The current pandemic situation has further demonstrated the immense value of networks to support research, education, and societies as they maintain connectivity and communication across cities, nations, and continents.
The Members of APAN have been delivering the National Research and Education (NREN) services to their member institutions for many years, and continually evolve to support the explosion in Research and Education demands. APAN focuses on actual researchers, educators, and technical support staff, bringing together those who need networks with those who build them.
APAN57 will be an in-person conference, and for those with travel restrictions will be able to participate via our online platform. There will be registration fees incurred for APAN57
- Researchers Educators and students
- Network Managers and Engineers
- Computing and storage service providers
- University administrators and leaders
- NREN leaders and developers
- Software developers and engineers
- Trainers and Workforce developers
- Librarians and data managers
- Industry suppliers of R&E capabilities
Why You Should Participate
- To learn share, connect and develop new collaborations across the Asia-Pacific region including research and teaching universities; libraries; science and cultural institutions; technology businesses; policy and government staff.
- To share discoveries and insights to see demonstrations of modern research and education technologies to participate in workshops and develop your
Submissions are sought on anything related to the use of networks in research and education in any discipline or domain. Suggested areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
The areas of interest include the digital learning environment – such as Learning Management Systems (LMS), Learning Analytics (LA), Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) – eduID, Open Educational Resources (OER)
Research domains – e.g. agriculture, telemedicine/health, disaster management, food security, biosciences, physics, humanities and social sciences, arts and culture;
Big data, AI/ML, algorithm development;
Research Data management and sharing, open access, eResearch;
Advanced Network design and technologies, SDN, IoT/IoE; HPC, Cloud, Visualisation;
Smart campuses, Smart Cities;
Infrastructure scalability, performance, and robustness
Marketing & Communication
Content MUST be relevant to National Research & Education Network
– How to develop brand identity targeting and NREN’s vision, mission, values and goals.
– Creating and maintaining a website, social media accounts, newsletters, blogs, podcasts, videos, webinars, and other online platforms that showcase the REN’s achievements, services, projects, events, and opportunities.
– Engaging and collaborating with NREN members, partners, influencers, and other stakeholders to raise awareness.
– How do conduct market research and analysis to understand the needs, preferences, and expectations of the NREN.
– How to design & Implement marketing campaigns and communications plans that align with NREN’s objectives and budget using appropriate tools, and methods.
In support communities: Network Engineers, Research Software Engineers, Research Librarians, etc.
GOVERNANCE, POLICY AND SECURITY
Cyberspace Governance and policy; R&E infrastructure sustainability.
Cybersecurity, information security, securing NRENs and institutions
The conference will offer a range of delivery choices, including:
- individual presentations
- workshops, training
- lightning talks, virtual posters, showcases and demonstrations
- hackathons, Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF)/Special-Interest-Group (SIG) and panel sessions
- Any other idea you may have – we are very flexible!
You will be asked to nominate your preference(s) and suggestions when submitting. The Review committee will evaluate submissions and can help recommend the best choice if you are unsure.
The call for all submissions is open NOW.
- All proposals are due by 17th November 2023 and status will be announced by 1st December 2023