Fellowship Committee Members
- Basuki Suhardiman - ITB
- Kozunori Konishi - APAN-JP
- An Jie - Cernet
- Sureswaren Ramadass - Nav6
- Bruce Morgan - AARNET
- Panjai Tantatsanawong - Uninet
- Denis F. Villorente - ASTI
- Simon Lin - SINICA
- Nimal Ratnayake - APAN Secretariat
- N. S. Weerakoon - APAN Secretariat
Fellowship Program Overview
The aim of APAN Fellows Program is to promote "Global collaboration" through applicants participation in APAN meetings, which is held twice yearly. It is hoped that the meeting would provide them with the right environment to "network" with other researchers. It is also the intend that the participant will promote Global Collaboration among their local community after the meeting.
- The Fellowship Committee will develop a set of guidelines on APAN fellowship which includes selection criteria, evaluation and timeline.
- The Fellowship Committee will prepare the budget proposal on the fellowship program, for consideration by the APAN Treasurer, for each meeting.
- The Fellowship Committee will conduct the selection process and come out with candidate list for endorsement by the APAN Chair, or APAN Coordinating Committee.
- The Fellowship Committee will coordinate and monitor all fellow¡¯s activities during the meeting.
Fellowships are offered on a competitive basis, to be chosen from participating economies in APAN. Specifically, students (graduates and undergraduates) are encouraged to apply, although young researchers may be accorded sponsorship. Applicants whose papers are accepted for presentations will have favored status. All Fellows should present a paper or a poster. A statement from the candidate on his/her "Motivation to Participate" is required to help the reviewers in their selection. (Please see "Application Procedure" below).
- Candidate should be citizen of economy of Asia-Pacific region.
- Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of his or her application.
- Candidate must belong to University/Research & Development Community/Non-Profit organization.
Application should be made in the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the upcoming meeting website [Upcoming APAN Meeting]. Applications involving paper presentations will be given preference. Applications other than prescribed format will not be considered. Application submission later than deadline date will be rejected.
Applications will be screened and short listed candidates will be invited to join meeting.
- Application Submission
- Selection Result
- Acknowledgement from selected fellows through email within specified date.
- In case of no confirmation of acknowledgment, another waiting list fellow will be selected.
- Waiting List announcement
- APAN Meeting
- Registration Fee - Access to All Sessions/Workshops/Tutorials
- Accommodation - Twin sharing, check in Day before start / check out Last Date.
- Food - Lunches on Meetng days and Social Events
- Local Transportation - Allowance for To/Fro Local Airport and accommodation site.
Selected fellows can be enlisted to the blacklist if they check-out their accommodation without informing in advance. All fellows are expected to provide meeting summary report after the meeting.
- Fellowship is not transferable.
- Airfare is not provided.
- Accommodation will be twin sharing but separate for men and women.
- Selected fellows are advised to bring his or her passport during the days of meeting.
- Attendance during the days of the meeting is must.
2018 Apr 09