Medical Working Group
No one argue against the fact that there has been very rapid development in communication and information technology (CIT) in the world. Medical fields, however, have not necessarily caught up with the engineering advancement. Because image quality is a key in telemedicine and moving images are so helpful both in clinics and medical education, broadband and high-speed network is essential for medical telecommunication.
Medicine is one of the most important subjects for human being, and it is quite natural to organize a medical working group in APAN. WG focuses more on applications and local settings with the support of network engineering people. Our ultimate goal is to provide patients with better healthcare by exchanging our medical views and experiences using advanced CIT.
- To organize a cooperating team of medical and engineering people.
- To provide the best quality transmission of various medical contents.
- To expand advanced telemedicine systems in Asia-Pacific regions.
- To keep the system improved constantly with developing technology.
- To have worldwide collaborations.
- To promote medical standardization ultimately to provide patients with better healthcare.
- 2017.08 - Election of office bearers for the Medical WG took place at APAN44
- 2012.02 - An additional co-chair position was established
- 2011.08 - Special Interest Group was organized
- 2011.08 - Homepage was revised
- 2011.02 - Medical WG was incorporated in to newly formed e-Science area
- 2007.01 - Medical WG was extended to a new term
- 2005.08 - Medical WG setup proposal was formally approved.
- 2005.01 - Formally started Medical BoF at Bangkok 2005 meeting, Thailand.
- 2003.08 - Participated and Presentation in APAN, Busan, Korea
- DVTS: Digital Video Transport System
SD-quality, free software, 30Mbps
- DVTS Setup
- Equipment for DVTS
- Technical Tips for Local setup engineers - VPN router configuration (AR550s)
- 1.1 QualImage/Quatre: 4 points connection devise for DVTS
We have 3 servers.
- Kyushu U (Okamura K)
- KOREN: NIA (Son M)
- APAN-JP (Ueda S): This is for public use in our community.
DVTS-plus: Multi-point connection software for DVTS
- H.323 Video Conference Systems: Polycom, Sony, Cisco, Lifesize, etc.
- SD/HD-quality, several Mbps
- Basically, each product (H.323 standards) is compatible with one another
- 2.1 MCU for H.323 Video Conference Systems: Codian, Scopia, and Cisco ... etc
We have following devices:
- 2.2 Mirial Softphone: P2P style Video Conferencing Software
- SD/HD-quality, 2Mbps AT 30fps AT H.264 AT 1080p
- Software can be provided by TEMDEC for collaborations
- Vidyo: Client-server style Video Conferencing Software
- SD/HD-quality depends on the PC spec, several hundred kbps - several Mbps
- Server PC must be purchased, Software can be provided by TEMDEC for collaborations
- Tele-pointer: visual collaborative pointing interface for telepresence
SIG (Special Interest Group)
Special Interest Groups (SIG) in APAN Medical Working Group
We have reviewed the collaborating groups and would like to reorganize them as Special Interest Group (SIG). The basic concept is as follows.
- This is "application" group which uses APAN for research and educational purposes.
- This is sub-working group in APAN Medical Working Group (APAN-MedWG).
- SIG is revised every year.
- To organize a new SIG, registration to APAN Med WG is necessary.
- SIG meeting is to be held every year at Asia Telemedicine Symposium (ATS) or other appropriate occasions, to discuss activities, problems, etc.
- SIG is supposed to have continuous activities, but could have only one special event in a registered year.
- Activities are basically international ones in Asia-Pacific, but domestic or other regional ones using academic network are also welcome .
- Contact person of the group is the one who can properly communicate, not necessarily the president or representatives of the group .
If you would like to apply to form a new SIG, please download the application form, and return it by email to the secretariat of the APAN Medical WG, Ms. Ryoko Yoshida, at ryoko-y AT tem.med.kyushu-u.ac.jp.
Date : November 9th (Fri) - 10th (Sat), 2018
Venue: Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
(Scroll to the middle of the page; in the list of expandable topics, choose "Telemedicine in practice")
Ophthamology at Veterans Memorial Center, Manila, the Philippines http://www.vmmc.gov.ph/
|APAN 19||APAN 20||APAN 21||APAN 22||APAN 23||APAN 24||APAN 25||APAN 26|
|APAN 27||APAN 28||APAN 29||APAN 30||APAN 31||APAN 32||APAN 33||APAN 34|
|APAN 35||APAN 36||APAN 37||APAN 38||APAN 39||APAN 40||APAN 41||APAN 42|
|APAN 43||APAN 44||APAN 45|
2018 Jun 15